|Commonwealth Advanced Command and Construction Vehicle|
|Faction||Commonwealth of new Titan|
|Weaponry|| Railgun (upgradeable to Draken Cannon)
|Capacity|| 1 Commander
50 Data managers
The Advanced Command and Construction Vehicle, nicknamed the ACCV or Blackops CCV, is a Commonwealth of New Titan unit. This is a direct fire, indirect fire and Command unit.
Being a tracked and overtly tank-like unit the ACCV has no melee capability, although its heavy armoured frontal "dozer blade" can be used for ramming attacks where necessary.
Like all Command units the ACCV starts its battles as a threadbare engineering unit with some limited self-defense, due to the requirements of keeping mass down for safer teleportation, but can upgrade itself into a formidable combat machine.
Draken cannon: Upgrades the ACCV's railgun to a Draken Cannon (a helical railgun enhanced with esoteric technology using vacuum fluctuations to accelerate the projectile) for added projectile velocity, increasing range and firepower.
- Enhanced magazine replenishment: Increases Draken Cannon fire rate by placing large numbers of low-tech nanofabricators in the breech of the gun to supplement the standard protocrafters. Denies access to hardened slugs upgrade path as the additional fabricators cannot produce the exotic materials required for the projectiles.
- Enhanced targeting computer: Increases Draken Cannon range and accuracy. Denies access to enhanced capacitors upgrade as the computer takes up the same physical space within the turret.
- Enhanced capacitors: Increases Draken Cannon projectile velocity by supplying more power to the rails, further enhancing range and firepower. Denies access to enhanced targeting computer upgrade as the capacitors take up the same physical space within the turret.
- Hardened slugs: Draken Cannon shells have far greater armour penetration thanks to improved materials, even having the chance of overpenetrating weaker targets and striking another enemy behind them. Denies access to enhanced magazine replenishment upgrade path as the additional fabricators cannot produce the exotic materials required for the projectiles.
- Superhardened slugs: Increases armour penetration of Draken Cannon shells by improving their material composition even further, for even greater damage and a larger chance of overpenetration. Denies access to mass-reactive slugs upgrade as the supertough material would impede the explosive charge's functionality.
- Mass-reactive slugs: Draken Cannon shells will explode after penetrating armour for increased damage. If a shell overpenetrates the target, it will explode upon its next direct contact with a solid object. Denies access to superhardened slugs upgrade as the supertough material would impede the explosive charge's functionality.
Cryo-spray: Adds four spraying weapons in limited traverse barbettes spaced evenly around the circumference of the turret. Anything struck by the exotic fluids sprayed from the weapons will be slowed for the duration of its exposure and for a short while afterward, but will gradually "thaw out" and regain its original speed. Biological targets will not suffer the frostbite-like effects an uneducated observer might expect, as contrary to popular belief derived from their inaccurate name cryonic weapons do not rely on lowering temperature to achieve freezing effects.
- Cryonic beamer: Cryo-spray is replaced with a weapon that fires a coherent beam of exotic energy, which can completely freeze a target momentarily; the target will gradually "thaw out" with its speed increasing on an exponential curve until it can attain its previous standard top speed. Denies access to permafrost upgrade as the cryo-sprayers are replaced by the beam emitter.
- Permafrost: the cryo-spray's composition is altered to include superior chemicals; units struck by the spray will be slowed more and take longer to "thaw out". Denies access to cryo-beam upgrade as the cryo-sprayers are retained leaving no space to add the beam emitter.
Anti-air system: Adds an anti-air railgun to the turret.
- Enhanced anti-air system: Replaces the railgun with a photinic beamer.
Anti-missile system: Adds two photinic pulsers to the turret for tactical missile defence.
Enhanced Nanolathe: speeds up all engineering functions.
- Support drones: Sacrifical fabrication nanobots assist the ACCV's protocrafters, speeding up engineering functions.
T2 Engineering suite: allows construction of T2 structures when deployed.
- T3 Engineering suite: allows construction of T3 structures and Experimentals when deployed.
Perpetual motion plant: A small supplementary energy generator dedicated fully to the protocrafter array reduces the energy drain of construction.
Enhanced primary reactor: increases the energy efficiency of all the ACCV's functions.
- Auxiliary perpetual motion plant: Allows the ACCV to engage short bursts of greatly increased movement speed as a lot of energy is shunted to the motive systems over a short period. Denies access to the subsidiary perpetual motion plant as the auxiliary occupies the same physical space within the vehicle.
- Subsidiary perpetual motion plant: Increases the ACCV's overall movement speed as more energy can be supplied to the motive systems. Denies access to the auxiliary perpetual motion plant as the subsidiary occupies the same physical space within the vehicle.
Applique armour kit: The ACCV's solid armour is thickened by the addition of solid blocks of armour plating.
- Complete armour kit: The ACCV's frontal "dozer blade" attachment and hull armour are covered with tougher materials for greater protection from attacks. Denies access to energy-dispersing armour as the extra armour from the complete armour kit takes up the same physical space.
- Hardened armour: The extra layer of armour added by the complete armour upgrade is hardened with tougher materials for even greater protection from attacks.
- Energy-dispering armour: The ACCV's frontal "dozer blade" attachment and hull armour are coated in a layer of substances that scatter electromagnetic radiation and repel charged particles, allowing much greater protection from directed energy weapons. Denies access to complete armour kit as the energy-dispersing armour occupies the same physical space.
- Energy-absorbing armour: The energy-dispersing armour is infused with a swarm of nanomachines which absorb about 5% of the energy of most directed energy weapons and covert it into useful energy for the ACCV's own systems.
Missile battery: Adds a set of railgun-launched tactical missiles to the ACCV's arsenal. Can only be used when deployed.
- Enhanced cogitators: A superior on-board computer gives missiles a small chance of ignoring Tactical Missile Redirection systems due to being able to overcome the reprogramming signal. Denies access to enhanced warheads upgrade path as the space needed for the computer upgrade leaves no room for the large explosive charge.
- Smart missiles I: Missiles have a larger chance of ignoring TMRs. Denies access to smart missiles II upgrade as the internal computer cannot manage both sets of programming.
- Smart missiles II: Missiles are more accurate and try to evade fire from TMD systems. Denies access to smart missiles I upgrade as the computer cannot manage both sets of programming.
- Enhanced warheads: Missiles contain more explosives for increased power. Denies access to enhanced cogitators upgrade path as the space taken by the larger explosive charge leaves no room for the computer.
- Cluster warheads: Missiles are filled with a large number of small and weak bomblets which are spread around if the missile is sufficiently damaged by TMD. Denies access to armoured warheads upgrade due to the space needed for the armour being taken up by the bomblets.
- Armoured warheads: Missiles have a chance of surviving a TMD hit due to armour plating; the armour is ablative, and will break or melt away after being hit once. Denies access to cluster warheads upgrade due to the space needed for the bomblets being taken up by the armour.
- Enhanced battery: Larger missile battery with more powerful launch railguns. Increases initial missile speed and salvo density while also slightly increasing range.
Like all "Blackops" Command units the ACCV possesses a more extensive build suite than its standard counterpart, but unlike others it goes so far as to outright replace some standard units rather than just adding more. Of particular note is the addition of an entirely seperate class of naval units, based on hydrofoil technology, which possess their own factory. Most of these hdyrofoils are built on an identical hull template, with size and attached equipment being the only differences.
[Due for a major rewrite]
Hydrofoil platform: Supplementary naval factory. Builds hydrofoils, as the name would suggest.
Enlarged Hydrofoil platform: Supplementary naval factory. Builds hydrofoils, as the name would suggest.
Enhanced Hydrofoil platform: Supplementary naval factory. Builds hydrofoils, as the name would suggest.
Apocalypse: Heavy Experimental-killer tank replacing the Mammoth. Upgrades the twin ionizing railguns to Draken Cannons and possesses heavier armour.
Grand Cannon: Multi-purpose strategic artillery with extreme range. Commonwealth Commanders are only cleared to deploy limited numbers of Grand Cannons in the field at any given time. Has multiple fire modes, listed below; an unusual control code allows it to switch between several fire modes in succession against several different targets.
- Standard bombardment: the Grand Cannon fires single, powerful shells with reasonable accuracy.
- Saturation bombardment: the Grand Cannon fires bursts of many weak shells with low accuracy.
- Precision bombardment: the Grand Cannon fires small, weak rockets, controllable in flight for maximum accuracy. The missiles are vulnerable to anti-air fire on their descent.
- Reconaissance: the Grand Cannon fires small intelligence drones, remotely controllable in flight, to clear fog of war around their landing area for a short time. The drones are vulnerable to anti-air fire on their descent, can be destroyed by ground forces when landed, will only provide intel until their internal batteries run out and will be destroyed on contact with shields while airborne.
- Jamming: the Grand Cannon fires maneuvrable ballutes, remotely controllable in flight, which jam enemy sensors. The ballutes are vulnerable to anti-air fire on their descent, can be destroyed by ground forces when landed, will will only cause jamming until their batteries run out and will be destroyed on contact with shields while airborne.
Like all CCVs the ACCV must unpack into a construction tower to build structures. The unpacking process happens as follows:
- The main railgun/Draken Cannon's barrel retracts into itself and then into the turret.
- Large anchors deploy from the hull sides and dig the vehicle into the ground.
- The turret partially retracts into the rear of the hull top.
- The construction tower emerges from the front-left of the hull top, along with the missile battery from the front-right if that upgrade has been equipped.
The ACCV when in its mobile mode is supposed to look vaguely like Objekt 279.
The idea of a command unit that has to deploy to build comes from the MCVs of the Command and Conquer series of RTS games.